2015. szeptember 8., kedd

Philadelphia

There's almost a week past while I'm already at home, now I got the power and the motivation to write down the experiences I gather during my trips across America, after a few days i Washington D.C. I went to Philadelphia. I would say it wasn't my best choice to get a late night bus, however I was lucky to buy one ticket for $1 but still the second one cost the regular price $35. SO I arrived to the city at 3 AM on the 6th of September at that time I didn't feel like I want to walk around 3 miles to the hostel, so I took a taxi which was right behind the bus when I arrived. I calculated the cost of the ride before and it was $2 less, so I rounded it up for him to give a tip. I checked in to my hostel where a german guy welcmed me than I went straight to my bed to sleep.
On the first morning I was about to explore the neighborhood which than ended up to take a long walk to the Japanese garden. That was a big disappointment for me, I was expected a little bit more from and I thought it will be free, so I've just walked it around and leave without even entering. I also walked through the China Town, it was also a little disappointment I was expecting to see some Chinese designed houses or at least a gate like in the movies, but nothing special just Chinese characters everywhere...
After these negative things, I didn't really wanted to do much on my second day, so I just walked around the main squares and the city hall, but I didn't enter any of the buildings.
On my last day I had a bus to New York around noon, so before that I've just made a small walk in the city to find a gift shop and buy some suvenirs and something for breakfast as well. At this time I didn't want to walk my luggages again, so instead of a taxi I took an Uber which was half of the price than a taxi and also I was lucky to get an almost luxorious car as a "cab".
Here are some pictures I took during my stay in Philadelphia:

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése